· Schedule the civil engineering activities in logical steps and budget the time and resources required to meet deadlines.
· Study civil engineering specifications to determine appropriate construction methods, alternative analysis, and implementation plans.
· Determine labor requirements and coordinate with contractors to dispatch workers to the construction site.
· Review civil engineering work to monitor compliance with building specifications, safety codes, and other regulations.
· Oversee and supervise contractors and their workers and conduct routine inspections and quality checks on all civil engineering works and provide appropriate feedback to the concerned contractor.
· Advise and monitor workers undertaking civil construction to complete and meet cost, time, and quality specifications.
· Help in requisitioning supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
· Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the construction site which include overall risk management actions.
· Confer with contractors to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
· Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
· Assist in managing scope, schedule, and budget changes as necessitated by the change control system.
· Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work-related data for day-to-day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on real-time basis for maximum effectiveness.
· Ensure timely preparation of various progress and cost tracking reports.
· Present reports to management and client as required.