· Monitor market trends in value, cost and supply / demand fundamentals to identify property acquisition, development or disposal opportunities.
· Provide oversight at a property portfolio level to ensure the economic success of the Barwa Real Estate owned properties.
· Contribute to the preparation of the real estate development budget and monitor performance against the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified.
· Provide recommendations on the different investment alternatives using own expertise and analyses in order to support the Group Chief Development Officer in advising the management and the Board.
· Provide pre-acquisition inputs and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
· Oversee the preparation of detailed feasibility study / HBU study and provide relevant development inputs to the Finance team for the purpose of financial modelling. Manage the process of selection and monitoring of the most appropriate external agency (ies) for conducting such studies.
· Provide inputs on the marketing strategy of the Barwa Real Estate assets.
· Through an understanding of the real estate market and analysis of various reports, support the Operations team to determine the appropriate lease rentals that Barwa should expect its properties to earn.
· Regularly review the asset portfolio for opportunities to add value through renovation, expansion or repositioning of the assets.
· Monitor total return for each assigned asset through analysis and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
· Participate in and lead negotiations with potential buyers.