· Directs establishment of plans and procedures, regulations for accident and incident investigation.
· Representing Qatar Rail on accident and incident investigation matters internally and externally
· Supervise the Service Provider’s investigations of type B and C occurrences as required.
· Produce and maintain an accident/incident monitoring system.
· Report to Ministry of Transport and Communications (MoTC) occurrence of accident/incidents within the timeframe required.
· Liaises and interfaces with MoTC in all matters regarding accident and incident investigation.
· Contributes to drafting of Qatar’s Railway Law with regard to accident and incident investigation in close cooperation with MoTC and GCC stakeholders (Long Distance).
· Ensures all processes and interfaces with the Railway Regulator are in place with regard to accident and incident investigation.
· Directs in the matters of drafting the sections on roles, responsibilities and authority for the Accident Investigation Unit within Qatar Railways.
· Takes full responsibility with regard to provision of expert support to Qatar Railways Senior Directors and Managing Director on Accident Investigation matters.
· Complies with all Qatar Rail Company Management System (CMS) policies, plans and procedures.
· Supports Qatar Railways Company to set up adequate organizations, train the future staff and enable Qatar Railways Company to carry out the duties of Accident Investigation.