Key accountabilities are:
· Quantity Surveying activities for Consultants and contractors involved for the Projects.
· Pre-contract stages - provide budget estimate & cost planning, cost control and monitor project cash flow forecast including capital cost and to establish project budget.
· Review Consultants’ scope, bills of quantities and tender documents.
· Procurement and tendering - Follow the Tendering & Procurement policies and procedures, carryout necessary approvals, pre-qualifications process, tendering, assistance during tendering by tender queries, circulars, tender analysis, producing tender reports, and compiling the contractual documents.
· Works effectively on contracted party(s) payments (evaluations), agreement of variations, extension of time assessment, any additional payments and finalization of final accounts.
· Review and process of Liquidated and ascertained damages (Penalties) retention monies and final valuation.
· Ensure that project objectives are met through the delivery of the project from feasibility until handover
· Responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on large projects ensuring timely and accurate valuations and variations takes place in accordance with the Contract terms and conditions.
· Interfacing with the stakeholders, contractors and other consultants, at all project stages.
· Conversant with contractual conditions, payment & variation administration, and advice on any contractual matters.