· Develop the compliance framework, policies, procedures and plans for Barwa in alignment with the strategic business requirements.
· Develop compliance risk registers, monitoring programs, disclosure requirements, training and awareness programs, and reporting templates.
· Promote and raise awareness on the Barwa Code of Ethics, and highlight cases of ethical breaches or conflicts of interest.
· Study the impact of applicable regulations on Barwa and provide professional advice, clarifications and opinions to the organisation on compliance and regulatory affairs concerning its business.
· Review Barwa’s position with regard to corporate governance practices and compliance to law and regulations, including Corporate Governance code, Commercial law, Anti-money laundering, Sharia law and Labor law.
· Conduct periodic identification, evaluation and diagnosis of compliance across Barwa, report findings and develop recommendations while highlighting any major gaps and non-conformance with proposed solutions/recommendations for the effective addressing of issues.
· Ensure timely updates on all applicable laws, policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to corporate governance and regulatory affairs.
· Monitor and coordinate implementation of regulatory requirements with concerned departments to ensure compliance.
· Review and ensure proper development of and timely submissions of corporate governance and compliance reports and other regulatory requirements. Escalate compliance issues to Senior Management.
· Evaluate the various functions’ / units’ compliance processes and procedures to ensure adherence to the regulatory compliance program of QFMA (Qatar Financial Markets Authority) and other applicable regulatory bodies. Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
· Work closely with the various functions and provide them with expert support and advice in implementing the compliance program to fulfil QFMA and other applicable regulations.
· Provide Senior Management with adhoc reports on compliance and governance related matters as requested
· Supervise and coordinate with subsidiary compliance representatives in order to ensure subsidiary compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, filings, and disclosures.
· Ensure timely follow-up on issues being raised by QFMA and other applicable regulatory inspections to facilitate timely implementation of corrective action.
· Review and validate new products and services to ensure compliance with QFMA and other applicable regulations, while providing feedback on the gaps to be addressed and follow up on timely implementation of corrective action.
· Oversee collection of information and preparation of regulatory filings in order to comply with reporting requirements. Contribute to annual disclosure particularly stipulated by Doha Securities Market (DSM), Commercial Companies Law (CCL), QFMA, etc.
· Develop and maintain shareholder relations: provide information to shareholders and analysts, collect information from other departments if needed, ensure that information is provided in a transparent, timely and consistent manner to shareholders and analysts, facilitate shareholders’ meetings.
· Manage the preparation of Barwa annual report by coordinating with departments across Barwa for developing relevant content and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Contribute to the preparation of the legal and compliance budget. Monitor the financial performance of legal activities relating to corporate governance and compliance affairs versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
· Mentor subordinates for performance and work closely with them during the various stages of performance cycle (goal setting, performance evaluations etc.).
· Ensure transparency in communication with the team members so as to enable inclusive functioning of the department.
· Perform any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the role as assigned by the Group Director of Group Legal & Compliance as per business requirements.