· Develop the corporate risk management framework and related policies to comply with company’s strategy and plans.
· Develop the tools and systems for Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and prepare all related data to calculate the key risks for the organization using a standardized approach.
· Contribute to the development of a robust risk management function by identifying, measuring, monitoring and controlling risks proactively.
· Develop risk monitoring plans to determine steps to address risks and ensure prioritizing issues based on level of exposure.
· Collate and analyze the risk registers from various departments within Barwa and prepare reports highlighting areas requiring senior management intervention.
· Develop recommendations for corrective actions based on risk review findings and support the departments in developing risk mitigation plans as required.
· Identify and assess emerging risk trends in the marketplace and within the company’s operations in particular, and to adopt the appropriate risk management and mitigation processes.
· Assist with the development and implementation of business continuity management plans based on international standards to ensure that critical business functions continue working without any disruption.
· Liaise with the Barwa IT team to ensure that business continuity management software and IT disaster recovery plans are aligned with the overall risk management and BCM plans for the company.
· Assist Manager - Business Transformation in developing the corporate asset insurance strategy for the group.
· Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of risk management systems and processes taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
· Prepare and submit reports highlighting the overall performance related to the risk management framework and related initiatives to the Manager - Business Transformation for review.
· Perform any other ad- hoc duties relevant to the role as assigned by the Manager - Business Transformation as per the business requirements.